What ASB membership offers for affiliated groups
- Extension of reach and collaboration of nationwide opportunities
- Public Liability Insurance held at ASB level - cover for events extends to all affiliated groups - worth c. £150 p.a.
- Opportunity to influence the direction and operation of ASB through representation on the ASB committee
- A page on the ASB website for each affiliated group to promote their contact details, news and events, allowing ASB to recommend affiliated groups to its own individual members
- Share news, events and member profiles through ASB website and social media
- Promote news and events in ASB e-newsletter
- Get support and share information from other affiliated groups such as speakers, membership rates
- Collaboration between groups to learn from others and encourage new ideas, and hold joint events, enabling group members different networking opportunities
- Support from the Association committee, who will speak at events about ASB, visit committees to discuss ASB issues and be a judge for local awards if required.
What ASB offers members of Affiliated Groups
- National opportunities to promote your organisation via individual member profile, showcases and ASB blog
- National networking opportunities - connect online through a variety of general and member only forums and at events
- Signposting to local affiliated groups and contacts
- Visit affiliated groups at discounted rates
- ASB National Business Awards – a range of awards covering women who have their own businesses, working in organisations and the social enterprise/charity sector. This includes promoting finalists and winners on the night and throughout the award period in the press, website, newsletters and social media channels
- Reduced rates for the Awards Dinner and Conference
- Free entry to the ASB National Business Awards - worth c. £50 per entry
- Have a ‘national’ voice - be part of our surveys, media spotlights, influence policy and decision-makers
- National mentoring programme via Future Female Business Leaders Programme
- Share your news and member videos on the ASB website and social media
Affiliate Group Roles & Responsibilities
In becoming an affiliated member of the Association of Scottish Businesswomen you take on roles and responsibilities which enable the entire affiliation to operate as a cohesive unit. Affiliated Group Roles and Responsibilities are detailed in full on our website
Many Affiliate Group committee roles now have the ability to update their own Group page on the ASB website, simply by logging in as themselves. Check out our Group Help page for answers to all your "how do I...." questions.