Have you ever felt that there just aren’t enough hours in the day?
Some questions that may sound familiar:
- Do you have great ideas on how to push your business forward but just can’t find the time to implement them?
- Do you ever sit and think if I did that when I first wrote it down, I would be so much further ahead?
- Have you ever stood back and asked yourself, “could there be a better way to manage this?
Did you know that over 41% of to-do lists are never completed?
Any business owner will agree that time is money and success relies heavily on being able to prioritise your time effectively. Spending time trying to do something you don’t enjoy or know anything about is not good time management.
Small businesses are spending on average 120 days a year on administrative tasks – couldn’t that time be put to better use?
At Planit Scotland, we realise how important it is to stay organised in order to tackle our to-do lists and we wanted to share some of our top tips to support you with keeping your to-do list in order!
• Content calendars – These can help to ensure you’ve got content to stand out from the crowd! Flag up national days, holidays or key events that may relate to your industry.
• Scheduling tools – Gone are the days where you need to post on each individual channel, you can now schedule months in advance so you are fully prepared, this will allow you the freedom to carry on day to day knowing that your content is still being shared on your channels. Hootsuite and Buffer are two great platforms that we use for our clients.
• Task Lists – be sure of exactly what is on the to-do list! There are many ways you can prioritise task lists some love a spreadsheet others like good old pen and paper, the main thing is that you do what works for you as you are far more likely to do it if you are comfortable with the process. Trello/Asana and Monday are all task lists apps that we use to support the never-ending lists that we work our way through.
• Prioritise and delegate tasks – You DON’T need to do everything! Look at what is on your list and delegate tasks to your team, if you were out of the business tomorrow what would happen to the workload? It is crucial that you can delegate to allow others around you to grow but another key reason is so that you can focus on the key tasks that you should be focussing on. Some of our clients don’t have a team as they are just starting out and this is why they take advantage of our PA services as we are able to provide support to them and act as an extension of their team when and where they need us.
• Google Diary – make sure you never miss any important appointments again, share calendar invites, schedule meetings highlighting notes as reminders and even pop in the addresses of where you are going – always helps when visiting a new location as Google Maps can get you there just by working with your diary!
Here at Planit Scotland, we have over 20 years of combined experience in providing PA and marketing services to clients all over the U.K. We have the experience and knowledge in support with your to-do list! So why not make time for the things you love, and pass over the things you don’t.
If this is something you’d like to hear more about #JustAskPlanit and make us your ‘go-to’ to ‘go-do!’