DAY1 is a grassroots charity that was established in 2005.
Our vision is for every Scottish child and young person to achieve success, despite economic and social barriers.
Our top priorities are:
1. Supporting our service users to achieve their best possible outcome.
2. Securing our sustainable financial future via social enterprise
3. Building a strong evidence base demonstrating the effectiveness of our service.
My Current Priorities are:
-Service Evaluation & Applied Psychological Theory
- Ensuring the mentoring projects have a solid psychological evidence base
- Incorporating ‘ACE’ (Adverse Childhood Experiences) into the core of the service.
- Further incorporating up to date policy, legislation and research and developing an overarching organisational Framework.
- Forming part of my masters coursework portfolio, I am currently researching the impact of mentoring on young people’s self-efficacy and resilience, along with how soft outcomes can be better evidenced.
- Monthly Psychological Supervision / Guidance from a Chartered Clinical Psychologist, ensuring sound clinical governance.
I am currently working towards a British Psychology Society accredited Masters Degree in Applied Psychology.
Sector: Charity and voluntary work
C/O Inverness Kart Raceway Inverness IV2 6AA