Now that our new website has been live for a few weeks we wanted to share some tips and tricks with you so that you can make the most of your ASB membership and keep yourself visible on the website.
- Make sure your profile and contact details are up date.
- Tip - Those who have most recently updated their profile will see their image first on the members page!
- Upload your photograph, logo and banner to your profile page. New image settings mean that images brought in from the old webstie don’t look so great.
- Tip - If you don’t upload a photograph then your profile won’t show on the members home page although you will be found through the searchable directory. (Search by name, business, location, group or sector)
- Make use of the opportunity to connect with and contact other members via the searchable online directory and profile email facility.
- Select “Manage my blogs” on your profile page to write a blog to showcase your business, or provide a special offer to members.
- Tip - you can choose whether your blog or special offer is visiable to just members or all website visitors
- Send us your news items - we love to share good news and success stories with all our members - on our website and on our social media platforms. Send us some words and a photograph and we’ll do the rest! Email Alison our administrator.
- If you’re a member of an affiliated group then ask your group administrator to make you the “Member Focus”.
- On the groups page you can also see all the ASB members who are connected to your affiliated group.
- Apply for the ASB National Business Awards - this is your opportunity to shout about your successes and achievements - complete your application online: www.asb-scotland.org/awards
New features for affiliated group administrators
Affiliated group administrators can now make updates to group pages via their own personal login. Underneath your personal profile you will find your group details. Here you can edit group information and add a logo, banner and heading to your group page. You can asign roles and admin access to your committee members and also find and change your member voucher code which is unique to your club. You can also add group events and news under the group announcement panel. The three most recent announcements will show on the ASB homepage. We hope that this is all fairly straightforward and intuitive but if you get stuck, just send us an email and we will help you out!