Becoming a member of the Association of Scottish Businesswomen can help strengthen and empower you in your working life. You can join us direct for a fee of £30 per year, or take up free membership if you are part of an affiliated group (sign up using the special code provided by your group).
The ASB is the only organisation representing women in business, managerial roles and the professions across all areas and all sectors in Scotland. It is open to ALL women working, or aspiring to work, in any kind of business, organisation or profession.
Why Join Us?
Benefits for all ASB members
- Free entry to the Annual Business Awards – nationwide recognition of the achievements of women in business in Scotland. Some awards are restricted to members only,
- Programme of national events which you can attend at discounted member rates, aimed at supporting, linking and inspiring women in business across Scotland: annual conference, leadership development/well-being weekend,
- Online membership directory to connect and do business with like-minded women across Scotland,
- Mentoring programme to enable women to facilitate support for each other at different stages of career and business development journeys,
- Opportunity to ‘voice’ your views and opinions in structured surveys to form the consolidated representative position of women in business in Scotland providing you with a route to influence policy and decision makers in the interests of women in business,
- ASB holds membership of SCDI (Scottish Council for Development & Industry) on behalf of our members. SCDI is Scotland’s leading economic development organisation whose aim is to influence and inspire government and key stakeholders to create sustainable economic prosperity for Scotland. They organise trade missions and hold events and briefings for members across Scotland, which any ASB member can attend at member rates (often free). Details of how to attend are available here.
- A preferential rate of 50% reduction in the election fee for membership of the Institute of Directors (IoD). To apply visit the IOD website www.iodscotland.com and quote the ASB discount code: SB002C or contact IoD Scotland on 0131 557 5488,
- Use of the ‘Member of Association of Scottish Businesswomen’ logo.
How much does all this cost?
You can join ASB as a Direct member for £30 per year – sign up here!
If you are a member of an affiliated group – it’s free! (sign up using the special code provided by your group).
Additional benefits for members of affiliated groups
As a member of an affiliated ASB group, you have free membership of ASB;
You can attend other affiliated groups (conditions may apply).
If you think you might like to join ASB through an affiliated group, please check out the list of groups. You can find out about a specific group by clicking on their logo.
Benefits of affiliating your group
- In return for a heavily discounted per-member annual fee, your members can sign up for ASB membership at no cost to them;
- Public Liability Insurance cover for events which extends to all affiliated groups;
- Annual meeting for up to two representatives of Affiliated Groups with the aim of collaborating with groups nationwide to offer depth and breadth of support, knowledge transfer and to develop national products and services for all members;
- Influencing the direction and operation of ASB via your Affiliated Group Committee;
- A page on the ASB website for each affiliated group to promote their contact details, news and events, allowing ASB to recommend affiliated groups to direct members.